Hiking is a great activity to engage in when you need new scenery and a breath of fresh air. It’s fun, relaxing, and relieves stress. It’s only normal to think that hiking might be a tiring and strenuous activity. But once you get the hang of it, you’ll realize that reconnecting with nature is one of the best ways of relaxing!
Whilst it’s a great outdoor activity, there are also a few things that you need to remember and prepare for. Planning for a hike is just a prerequisite to ensuring that your hike is safe and enjoyable. There are a few essentials that you need to plan, and here are some of them:
- Water. Always remember to bring enough water. Once your body becomes dehydrated, your body and senses may react slower. Being dehydrated itself is uncomfortable and affects your body’s overall performance.
- Food. It’s also essential to bring hike trail snacks. Your body needs to recuperate energy as you go along the trail.
- Safety & First Aid Kit. Depending on what time of the day you’re going for a hike, it’s good to pack a flashlight, multi-purpose tool or knife, whistle, basic treatments like bandages, band-aids, antibiotics etc.
- Sun Protection. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen! Especially for trails that expose you to lots of sunlight. Vitamin D is good for your skin, but too much would give you a sunburn.
- Navigation Tools. Getting lost on a trail is the last thing you’d want to happen. Always remember to bring a map, compass, or GPS with you. These tools ensure that you don’t go around in circles and get lost.
RAM GPS Mounts Solutions
RAM® Universal Belt & Backpack Clip Mount with Garmin Spine Clip Holder